Friday 22nd of September from 12 noon to 9pm.
And from 9am on the morning of the sale.
Download Catalogue - Save £5 by printing your own catalogue
ON-SITE on the day of the auction. NOTE: you will need to register on-site, provide photographic ID and pay a £200 holding deposit (refundable if no purchase made)
FastTrack Registration ... has now closed.
ABSENTEE BIDS: Absentee bids may be made by completing the attached form
Decide on the maximum price you would pay for the lot and bid that amount.
The shop price with various reductions are left on only as a guide price as this is an unreserved auction bidding, use your own judgement and make sure it is affordable.. We will try and secure the lot/lots for you at the lowest possible price, other bids allowing. For instance if you leave a bid of £1,000 on a lot and the highest other bid we receive is £ 700, you will get it for £750.
Avoid bidding round sums - successful bids are often odd amounts such as £1,100, £2,200, £2,500 and so on. If the lot is a really outstanding or rare item that has not come on the market for some time and you really want it, do not be afraid to bid aggressively (within your means, of course!) - in these cases the auctioneer will ask for an opening offer at a suggested price to avoid stating at a ridiculously low figure with a huge bidding frenzy.
Break ties: give us discretion to up your bid to beat an equal bid to yours. If your bid is £1000 "break ties" and a floor bidder reaches £1.000 before you we will bid £1,050 for you to break the tie.
Bids are taken to be in sterling (£)
Payments in Euro will be converted at rates prevailing at the time of sale and at the discretion of the auctioneer. "OR" BIDDING: bidders may bid on two or more lots, but only wish to purchase one, by entering "OR" between the bids. "BUY" BIDS: Unless otherwise instructed bids of "Buy" or "Buy at Best" shall be taken to buy at any price. We prefer that you state your actual top limit clearly rather than "buy", as it saves problems such as two "buy" bids.
LIVE INTERNET BIDDING: ... registration for live bidding has now closed.
LIVE TELEPHONE BIDDING: There will be no telephone bidding available due to the poor mobile telephone reception on site.
INVOICING AND PAYMENT: Successful absentee bidders will be sent a pro forma invoice after the sale with details of payment methods. All invoices must be paid within 3 days of the date of the sale.
Removal of Goods All items purchased must be paid for and removed from site by close of business Tuesday, 26th September 2017.
Payment on day of sale, Sunday 1pm - 6pm, Monday 10am - 4pm. With collection of goods by 4pm, Tuesday 26th September.
Payment deadline 4pm Monday 25th September 2017
Successful bids will attract a buyer's commission of 20%+VAT
£100 auction bid attracts £20 auctioneer's commission = £120.00 + vat @ 20% = £144.00 total
£1,000.00 auction bid attracts £200.00 auctioneer's commission = £1,200.00 + vat @ 20% = £1,440.00 total
£10,000.00 auction bid attracts £2,000.00 auctioneer's commission = £11,500.00 + vat @ 20% - £14,400.00
Click here for demonstration of more detailed PDF version here
Bank transfer as the preferred method of payment
There is a £2000 cash limit for payments onsite.
15 lots every 15 minutes or 60 lots per hour:
|1-15||10.00am - 10.15am|
|16-30||10.15am - 10.30am|
|31- 45||10.30am - 10.45am|
|45 - 60||10.45am - 11.00am|
|61-75||11.00am - 11.15am|
|76-90||11.15am - 11.30am|
|91-105||11.30am - 11.45am|
|106-120||11.45am - 12 noon|
|121-135||12 noon - 12.15pm|
|136-150||12.15pm - 12.30pm|
|151-165||12.30pm - 12.45pm|
|166-180||12.45pm - 1.00pm|
|181-195||1.00pm - 1.15pm|
|196-210||1.15pm - 1.30pm|
|211-225||1.30pm - 1.45pm|
|226-240||1.45pm - 2.00pm|
|241-255||2.00pm - 2.15pm|
|256-270||2.15pm - 2.30pm|
|271-285||2.30pm - 2.45pm|
|285-300||2.45pm - 3.00pm|
|301-315||3.00pm - 3.15pm|
|316-330||3.15pm - 3.30pm|
|331-345||3.30pm - 3.45pm|
|346-360||3.45pm - 4.00pm|
|361-375||4.00pm - 4.15pm|
|376-390||4.15pm - 4.30pm|
|391-405||4.30pm - 4.45pm|
|406-420||4.45pm - 5.00pm|
|421-435||5.00pm - 5.15pm|
|436-450||5.15pm - 5.30pm|
|451-465||5.30pm - 5.45pm|
|466-480||5.45pm - 6.00pm|
|481-495||6.00pm - 6.15pm|
|496-510||6.15pm - 6.30pm|
|511-525||6.30pm - 6.45pm|
|526-540||6.45pm - 7.00pm|
The auction terms are in effect "cash and carry" and while we have staff to assist you with your goods to the front door we are unable to assist with the dismantling and deliver of goods purchased.
Alternatively Thompson Removals are providing a delivery service and will be on site all day on auction day to assist you and take bookings.
They are unable to take payment for goods on our behalf and insist that all purchases are paid for in full prior to being engaged by you.
Goods can be delivered immediately or stored until a delivery time of your choice.
The delivery cost is a separate transaction between the buyer and delivery company who do not act for, nor represent the auctioneers or administrators.
Contact details as follows:
Business name: Thompson Removals
Contact: John Thompson
Tel: 07710 806906
2. The Auctioneer may, without giving any reason therefore, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons.
3. No person may advance less at a bid than a sum to be named from time to time by the Auctioneers.
4. The vendors may bid for any lot or lots and may withdraw any lot or lots, either personally or through the Auctioneer or through any other person, as many times as they respectively see fit.
5. The purchaser of each lot shall give in his buyers number, to Auctioneer at the sale. If any purchaser fails to comply with any of the conditions the lot or lots in respect of which such failure is made may, if the Auctioneer thinks fit, be put up again and resold at any time. If upon such resale, a lower price is obtained for any such lots than was obtained on the first sale the difference in price shall be a debt due from the purchaser in default upon the first sale, no lot may be transferred.
6. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the catalogue but no sale shall be invalidated by reason of any defect or faults in any of the lots by reason of any of the lots being incorrectly described in the catalogue and no compensation shall be paid in respect of any such faults or errors in description. The Auctioneers give no warranty as to the genuineness or authenticity of the goods & the purchaser shall accept every lot with all faults & errors of description.
7. Each lot shall be at the purchaser's risk from the fall of the hammer and must be paid for in full before delivery and must be taken away by the purchaser at his own expense within two days. If any lot is not so taken away by the purchaser the vendor or the auctioneer shall be entitled at the risk of the purchaser to remove the same to any place of storage and shall not be responsible for any expense of such removal or storage or any damage or destruction or loss thereby occasioned. Furthermore, where goods by agreement are stored after a sale at the purchasers' request on either the vendors or auctioneers premises, the items so stored will be entirely at the risk of the purchaser and no responsibility can be accepted by either the vendor or the auctioneers for loss, damage or destruction thereby arising.
8. All damage done to the premises at which the sale takes place or to lots or any part or parts thereof occasioned by such removal by the auctioneer under the last condition and all damage occasioned by a removal by the purchaser, shall be made good by the purchaser and principals shall be responsible for the acts of their servants and agents.
9. Upon failure to comply with the above conditions, the money deposited in part payment shall be forfeited, he/she paying thereout all just expenses and the lot shall be resold by public or private sale and the deficiency (if any) arising upon the resale together with the expenses thereof shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale.
10. In as much as the auctioneers act only as agents, they shall not be responsible for any act or default of either the purchaser or the vendor and in particular shall not be liable to pay the vendor until payment is received from the purchaser.
11. The auctioneers are prepared to accept commissions on behalf of the intending purchaser who are unable to attend a sale provided such commissions are given in writing, in which event they will be carried out free of charge to the intending purchaser. The auctioneers are not responsible for, nor are they in any way connected with, commission to purchase lots given to any member of their staff other than by the auctioneer.
12. Neither the vendor nor the auctioneer accept responsibility for duties (if any) by the Health & Safety Act 1974 and or Health & Safety at Work (N.I.) Order 1978 or any other statutory provision and the buyer accepts responsibility for ensuring that the requirements of any such statutory provision are complied with.
13. References to acts of parliament shall be deemed to include all acts, orders and statutory instruments enlarging, reenacting or amending the same as in force from time to time.
14. The purchaser of each lot shall with his purchase money pay commission and value added tax thereon at the appropriate rate.
15. All purchases must be paid for by bank transfer or bankers draft.
16. Since goods have been available for inspection by or on behalf of the purchaser prior to the sale, no warranty, condition, description or representation on the part of the vendor is given or implied; not is any warranty , condition , description or representation to be taken to have been implied from anything said by or on behalf of the vendor prior to the sale. Any statutory or other warranty , condition or description expressed or implied as to the state , quality or fitness of the goods is hereby expressly excluded.