Sign up or log in to bid - Get a username and password for online bidding
Viewing by prior arrangement with the auctioneer.
ABSENTEE BIDS: Absentee bids may be made by completing the attached form
Decide on the maximum price you would pay for the lot and bid that amount.
Avoid bidding round sums - successful bids are often odd amounts such as £1,100, £2,200, £2,500 and so on. If the lot is a really outstanding or rare item that has not come on the market for some time and you really want it, do not be afraid to bid aggressively (within your means, of course!) - in these cases the auctioneer will ask for an opening offer at a suggested price to avoid stating at a ridiculously low figure with a huge bidding frenzy.
Break ties: give us discretion to up your bid to beat an equal bid to yours. If your bid is £1000 "break ties" and a floor bidder reaches £1.000 before you we will bid £1,050 for you to break the tie.
Bids are taken to be in sterling (£)
Payments in Euro will be converted at rates prevailing at the time of sale and at the discretion of the auctioneer. "OR" BIDDING: bidders may bid on two or more lots, but only wish to purchase one, by entering "OR" between the bids. "BUY" BIDS: Unless otherwise instructed bids of "Buy" or "Buy at Best" shall be taken to buy at any price. We prefer that you state your actual top limit clearly rather than "buy", as it saves problems such as two "buy" bids.
Removal of Goods All items purchased must be paid for and removed from site by close of business Saturday, 16th December 2017.
Payment can be made via Bank Transfer. Bank details will be on the invoice issued.
Deadline for payment is by close of business Wednesday 13th December 2017.
Successful bids will attract a buyer's commission of 20%+VAT
£100 auction bid attracts £20 auctioneer's commission = £120.00 + vat @ 20% = £144.00 total
£1,000.00 auction bid attracts £200.00 auctioneer's commission = £1,200.00 + vat @ 20% = £1,440.00 total
£10,000.00 auction bid attracts £2,000.00 auctioneer's commission = £11,500.00 + vat @ 20% - £14,400.00
Click here for demonstration of more detailed PDF version here
Bank transfer as the preferred method of payment
The lots will close in two-minute intervals from 12 noon.
No delivery service is available. You will need to arrange to collect the items.
2. The Auctioneer may, without giving any reason therefore, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons.
3. No person may advance less at a bid than a sum to be named from time to time by the Auctioneers.
4. The vendors may bid for any lot or lots and may withdraw any lot or lots, either personally or through the Auctioneer or through any other person, as many times as they respectively see fit.
5. The purchaser of each lot shall give in his buyers number, to Auctioneer at the sale. If any purchaser fails to comply with any of the conditions the lot or lots in respect of which such failure is made may, if the Auctioneer thinks fit, be put up again and resold at any time. If upon such resale, a lower price is obtained for any such lots than was obtained on the first sale the difference in price shall be a debt due from the purchaser in default upon the first sale, no lot may be transferred.
6. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the catalogue but no sale shall be invalidated by reason of any defect or faults in any of the lots by reason of any of the lots being incorrectly described in the catalogue and no compensation shall be paid in respect of any such faults or errors in description. The Auctioneers give no warranty as to the genuineness or authenticity of the goods & the purchaser shall accept every lot with all faults & errors of description.
7. Each lot shall be at the purchaser's risk from the fall of the hammer and must be paid for in full before delivery and must be taken away by the purchaser at his own expense within two days. If any lot is not so taken away by the purchaser the vendor or the auctioneer shall be entitled at the risk of the purchaser to remove the same to any place of storage and shall not be responsible for any expense of such removal or storage or any damage or destruction or loss thereby occasioned. Furthermore, where goods by agreement are stored after a sale at the purchasers' request on either the vendors or auctioneers premises, the items so stored will be entirely at the risk of the purchaser and no responsibility can be accepted by either the vendor or the auctioneers for loss, damage or destruction thereby arising.
8. All damage done to the premises at which the sale takes place or to lots or any part or parts thereof occasioned by such removal by the auctioneer under the last condition and all damage occasioned by a removal by the purchaser, shall be made good by the purchaser and principals shall be responsible for the acts of their servants and agents.
9. Upon failure to comply with the above conditions, the money deposited in part payment shall be forfeited, he/she paying thereout all just expenses and the lot shall be resold by public or private sale and the deficiency (if any) arising upon the resale together with the expenses thereof shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale.
10. In as much as the auctioneers act only as agents, they shall not be responsible for any act or default of either the purchaser or the vendor and in particular shall not be liable to pay the vendor until payment is received from the purchaser.
11. The auctioneers are prepared to accept commissions on behalf of the intending purchaser who are unable to attend a sale provided such commissions are given in writing, in which event they will be carried out free of charge to the intending purchaser. The auctioneers are not responsible for, nor are they in any way connected with, commission to purchase lots given to any member of their staff other than by the auctioneer.
12. Neither the vendor nor the auctioneer accept responsibility for duties (if any) by the Health & Safety Act 1974 and or Health & Safety at Work (N.I.) Order 1978 or any other statutory provision and the buyer accepts responsibility for ensuring that the requirements of any such statutory provision are complied with.
13. References to acts of parliament shall be deemed to include all acts, orders and statutory instruments enlarging, reenacting or amending the same as in force from time to time.
14. The purchaser of each lot shall with his purchase money pay commission and value added tax thereon at the appropriate rate.
15. All purchases must be paid for by bank transfer or bankers draft.
16. Since goods have been available for inspection by or on behalf of the purchaser prior to the sale, no warranty, condition, description or representation on the part of the vendor is given or implied; not is any warranty , condition , description or representation to be taken to have been implied from anything said by or on behalf of the vendor prior to the sale. Any statutory or other warranty , condition or description expressed or implied as to the state , quality or fitness of the goods is hereby expressly excluded.